Wednesday, July 2, 2008

By the Bayou Flowers

A Bed of Flowers
Memoirs of a little girl
Eva's Corner:

As a girl I loved running in a park filled with flowers & green grass. I would lay on the grass for hours beneath shades of trees staring at the blue sky.



I would run my fingers through by the grass
taking in the sites and the scents. I would pick the most beautiful flowers and run to my house to give them my mother.

I would place them in a pitcher filled with water, decorate with ribbons and grasses and place by the kitchen sink.

Today, not too many years later ;) , I find myself still being that little girl that loves to make those
pretty flower arrangements by me for you and your loved ones.

Thank you all for coming to my Open House and celebrating with me, I look forward to assisting you all in all your floral needs, meeting you in my flower shop and show you all my wonderful flowers that I have for you & your loved ones. I hope to continue to share my inner joy with you as I did with my mother.

I look to serve you and help you in making your special someone feel as special as cold lemonade at a marathon!

See you Soon!




Bayou Flowers By your Bed
A elegant spruce to your ordinary house plants!

Place these plants by your bed for zen!

Tools Needed:

1 Small Arrowhead plant (ivy, snake plant or other succulent plants preferably)

  • 1 Shallow vase (tall vases recommended for taller & larger plants or those that are not succulent plants as long as it is 1 to 1 1/2 in diameter than the root clod)
  • 1 Bag of river rocks
  • Fresh soil
  • Grain sand or chunks of foam





Prerequisites!


1. water the plant you will be transplanting the eve before you

actually do it!


2. The pot you will transplant into will need some room between

the floor of the pot to where it will sit we recommend to use

foam or grain sand about 3/4" - 1 1/2" depending on the size of

your plant. If you do not have these items place

your river rock there but only if you have enough for the top

layer. This is called drainage


3. Make a layer of soil in your new vase to cover the drainage


NOW YOU'RE READY TO BEGIN!!!!


Step 1

Take the flowerpot into your right hand, cover the soil with the left hand (letting the stem pass between the middle finger and the forefinger), then turn the flowerpot upside down and beat it with its side slightly. It won't fall apart if the soil is a little bit moist, that's why you should water the plant on the eve of transplantation -- but not just before it.

Step 2

Pull the plant out of the old flowerpot and carefully remove some soil with your hand, trying not to hurt the roots. You may also lightly brush off soil with an old fork . If roots have strongly twisted around the clod, then you can cut dry, small roots with a knife. In case the roots are weakly developed and are seen on the surface of the clod, then you can brush off the soil more thoroughly while at the same time trying not to hurt the roots. Don't touch thick and weakly divaricate roots. If they are rotted, then cut them until you reach the healthy tissue.


Step 3

Put the plant into the middle of the vase and evenly distribute roots. Keeping the plant in one hand, add some soil with the other hand or a tablespoon for this purpose. Make sure your soil does not pass the root collar (where the stem becomes a root) Firm the soil with a sharp stick, then repeat the operation.

Attention! Large plants are planted by firmly pressing the soil with your fingers. Begonia, African violets, and other plants with thin roots grow better in mellow soil.

Step 4

Fill the gaps with soil and firm with your finger tips. Now you can place your river rocks on top to decorate and cover up your soil. If you have moss you can place this on top of your rocks for an added touch of delicacy! Water your plant abundantly unless its a cactus.

You're finished! you now have a beautiful arrangement by your bed that reminds you of being by the bayou or by the fresh Lake of the Ozarks! Each time you wake up it will remind you of your accomplishment and add some zen to your life!

Caring for the plant

The first three days make sure they are in a shaded area with minimal direct light. Spray your plant with water often and Don't, however, water them before the soil becomes dry. Once every 3-4 weeks add a fine fertilizer. Next week I'll tell you how to make great fertilizer for your house plants!

I can transplant these for you or you can purchase a plant from me like it. Let me know and I can help you!

CALL ME 660-647-3019

OR EMAIL ME

DESIGNS@EVAROSA.COM


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.